Monday, January 19, 2009

Yeah, yeah, need to post more often....

Thurs was good. We walked. I ate normal stuff.

Friday, I had some sort of freak out about dieting. Fortunately, it didn't go well for me. Because it was so cold, I decided to work from home in the morning because of the dogs. Being lazy, I went to McDonalds and got an egg mcmuffin. They are actually not that bad for you as far as calories go. But, all this talk of diet and I freaked out. OMG, 10 weeks! I should get a sausage biscuit now while I still can. And, this is how my day went. Egg McMuffin was fine, luckily I had only enough room to eat two bites of the sausage biscuit. And, I didn't really enjoy them. I felt icky after, as McDonalds is known to do to me.

Keep in mind I hadn't grocery shopped, so the house is sans food. I decide to go to work around lunch time and figure, I'll stop at chick-fil-a because in the Eat This, Not that book, it's rated best for low calorie, low fat. Then, I see the golden arches and my brain says, I want fries while I can still have them.

Okay, let's take a break here. I really don't live on fast food. Sonic in the morning is my only vice as far as fast food. It's been probably about 7 months since I last had something at McDonalds and I NEVER eat their fries because they make me feel sick. This is all out the window in my panic attack.

So, I go to McDonalds and get the fries and a chicken sandwich. I eat 10 fries and feel instantly ill. I toss them (well, I give them to my friend Joel). One bite of the chicken sandwich and I'm disgusted it's on honey wheat bread that is sweet. Blah. So, I pick off the stuff, wipe off the mayo and just eat the chicken. Decide it's not as good as I imagined and eat half of it to just satisfy my hunger.

In the end, it worked out mostly because my previous stomach surgery has made me so sensitive to some things (especially ice cream, milk, and french fries). I don't know the calorie estimate. Skipped dinner as I was still feeling kind of icky from it.

Saturday and Sunday were more normal. Kids were here so we ate at home. I haven't been to Sonic since Tursday. On non-sonic days, I'm doing english muffin and turkey bacon (or an egg).

Did grocery shop this weekend. Bought big things of lemon juice to flavor my water at work. I got some fiber one granola bars for afternoon snacks. One per day. Other snack (morning) is baby bell light cheese or light cheese stick as I need more calcium.

This week's goals
1. walking twice a week minimum with Jennifer and/or Laura (about 20-30 minutes with a few small hills -small hills guys!)
2. take my lunch (T-Fr), turkey sandwich and fruit or WW dinner and veggie or fruit
3. drink water with lemon (cut back on soda, coffee)

Blog goal is to convert some of our family favorites we eat all the time to lower fat foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment